Continental Manufacturing Company
Job Title: Welder
Location: Mt. Vernon, Missouri
- Performs various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture conveyors according to blueprints provided by Engineering.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Observes machine operation to detect defects or machine malfunction.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale.
- Performs minor maintenance on welding equipment.
- Performs grinding applications using manual and power tools.
A. Education & Training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of welding experience or completion of welding school
B. Technical Requirements
- Ability to weld on a flat surface
- Ability to weld pipe
- Ability to weld out of position
- Must be able to use a grinder
- Knowledge of different metals
- Must have a good work ethic and the ability to work at a steady pace
C. Physical Requirements
Performs climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing for long periods of time, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 20 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. This position requires the incumbent to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
This position is subject to hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles and electrical current. This position is also subject to air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.