Continental Manufacturing Company
Job Title: CAD Drafter/Detailer
Location: Mount Vernon, MO
- Create models, layouts, sketches and shop/fabrication drawings, using AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Check fit-up of parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies
- Ensure drawings adhere to established specifications and standards
- Develop Bill of Materials
- Develop instruction manuals
- Work with plant personnel to answer questions and/or provide additional information on drawings
- Participate in process and product improvement activities
A. Education & Training
- Requires Associate Degree or Certificate in Drafting/Design or equivalent.
- Ideal candidate will have 1 to 3 years of related work experience in Structural or Mechanical Drafting
- Proficient with AutoCAD (release 2007 or higher)
- Experience with Solidworks is a plus
- Knowledge of fabrication processes is plus
B. Technical Requirements
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Strong attention to details and process oriented
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written form
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to perform tasks accurately and timely is a must
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe and internet required
Subject to prolonged periods of sitting, typing or working primarily with fingers, holds and grips objects; subject to repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Ability to climb on equipment. Ability to take field measurements during occasional visits to construction/industrial sites with high level of air pollutants and high levels of noise.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.